Image Map

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Back to Real Life


The first day home after a vacation is so depressing and I always feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation, especially if said vacation was in Las Vegas.  And it did not disappoint: the weather was perfect, the company was amazing, the food was delicious, the drinks were cold and we had a fabulous time.  I will do a recap of the trip but today I am playing catch-up at work and my head is still on vacation time so this is proving to be a difficult task.  And I am very thankful hubby offered to cook dinner tonight and that I can get away with only doing one load of laundry before the weekend so I can crawl into bed early.
 
But before I can succumb to dreamland I have somewhere to be after work… tonight I am going to my first Weight Watchers meeting.  I am both excited and dreading it.  Dreading it because I have to step on a scale and face the number, get smarter about eating and give up reduce (who am I kidding?) my alcohol intake.  Alternatively I am so excited to feel better and fit in my clothes – I put on my favourite jeans for work and they are so uncomfortable. 
I have done WW before and it worked really well for the 6 weeks or so that I ‘dedicated’ to it but I never went to meetings, I just counted points and dropped in once a week to be weighed.  And I slowly quickly stopped following the plan, but when I was doing it I felt GREAT.  So will it be different this time?  I hope so and have actually asked my mom for help (she’s a lifetime member) so we are going to attend meetings together which hopefully means that I will attend meetings. 
I apologize in advance but my Pinterest feed will now be full of WW friendly meals, snacks, desserts, drinks, etc… and please feel free to share the following:
1.       WW friendly drinks with tequila or vodka
2.       WW friendly recipes for anything tasty (especially a treat that actually tastes/feels like a treat!!)
3.    Any tips or suggestions??
Wish me luck and cheers to wearing yoga pants for the next couple weeks until I fit into my pants again! 

 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!