Image Map

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Bumpdate: 34 Weeks


Our sweet baby girl at 34 weeks

How far along: 34 weeks

Size of Baby: according to the ultrasound we had yesterday Baby P is a whopping 5lb 9oz! 

She’s huge. And she’s just going to keep on growing. And my non-existent hips are supposed to open enough to let her out, not to mention the other parts that will be destroyed pushing out a watermelon.

I. Am. TERRIFIED.

Gender: I am still so excited to meet our sweet baby girl!

Symptoms: I can sleep all day every day and every night. This is likely because I found out Monday that my iron levels plummeted back in July and follow-up was recommended for iron deficiency. No follow-up was done however and – this is my favourite part – my nutritional counselor is the one who went back through my results and discovered it. So now I’m on iron supplements and hope I can get some energy back for a few weeks before a newborn exhausts me!

Stretch marks: Not horrific but happening.

Sleep: no problems! Ok I lie – I pee like 4 times a night. So annoying.

Husband: swears up and down that her hiccups were actually his own heartbeat he was feeling. I officially give up.

Belly Button: Still an inny!

Movement: She moves a lot which is awesome… usually. A foot in my ribs in slightly annoying when I’m in a meeting but I can usually get her to shift if I lightly nudge the area. The ultrasound showed she is head down and bum up so at least I don’t have to add breech to my pregnancy issues (I swear, my body just does not like pregnancy! But it’s so worth it :)

Cravings: Soup?! Broccoli cheddar is on the menu tonight.

Maternity Clothes: still living in maternity leggings. I am not a fan of maternity jeans so good thing I have 4 pairs of leggings…

Best part of the week: seeing our babe on the ultrasound yesterday. Even if she is ginormous… I may have to start calling her Baby P(iggy).

Worst part of the week: having to balance work and my appointments, I feel like I’m always rushing somewhere and I feel like l’m not giving my all at work because so much is going on. At least the end is in sight!

Missing most: I really need wine right. And tequila. But mostly wine.

Looking forward to: our prenatal class tonight! We are hoping to meet some other couples in our area who will be new parents at the same time… and possibly new friends?

Happy Hump Day!





2 comments:

  1. I miss wine too! Not too much longer now! I'm so curious to know what my baby girl is weighing in at, but I don't think I'll get another ultrasound to see. Boo!! Oh, and I completely agree with you on the maternity leggings - all day every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm broccoli cheddar is my favourite.And so perfect for this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!