Image Map

Thursday 5 February 2015

Book Review | Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

I am not sure what drew me to this book but something did and it was my latest pick for book club.  I really enjoyed it but I know a couple people didn't, and in fact didn't even finish the book. It didn't grab them but it's not one of those books... it's not a book that has an exciting story line with lots of ups and downs, it's the story of Zelda's life. I have always loved hearing about people's lives and in history that is what draws me in the most, hearing who people were, how they lived and the relationships they had. The emotions and struggles of every day life and how they survived.  Plus I am convinced I was meant to be born a southern belle.  And Zelda was a southern belle.
 
 
 
 
If I were to give this book a rating it would be a B.  I really enjoyed it, I am happy I read it but I probably wouldn't read it again and I understand why other people would not like it.
 
I went to Costco yesterday to find a couple books for our trip but for some reason they had the worst selection... then my sister told me that my mom has her copy of the Rosie Project, another book I have heard is really good. So I am going to borrow that one and then I guess I will just have to take a trip to Target for a new book when that's done.  Yay Target!
 
What books do y'all recommend?
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!