Image Map

Wednesday 19 November 2014

The Best Show in Las Vegas

 
 


Absinthe.

I was blown away.  I was so captivated by the show that when my little bottle of bubbly ran out about 20 minutes in, I didn’t even want to get another from the bar and risk missing a second.  If you know me at all then you know this is big.  I sat clutching an empty glass and laughed so hard I cried… along with everyone else in the audience.

I have been describing the show as a Night Circus on steroids (it takes place at night in a circus tent) with Cirque du Soleil-type acrobatics combined with hilarious offside comedy. 

This is how Absinthe’s website describes it:

“Absinthe,” is the critically acclaimed acro-cabaret variety show. “Absinthe” is performed in the round with unobstructed sightlines and in intimate proximity of the world-class artists performing amazing feats of strength, balance, danger and unfathomable flexibility. The New York Times hails “You’re close enough to see the sweat and grimaces needed to produce graceful, gravity defying stunts,” and sums up the entire “Absinthe” experience as, “Imagine Cirque du Soleil as channeled through ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show.’”

Pretty much the same thing I said right?

 The pictures I took don’t do anything justice so you need to check the website to catch a glimpse of some of the performances.  The intimate setting is eclectic and awesome, the actors are amazing, I could go on and on but seriously it is something you have to see for yourself.  The next time you go to Vegas you must see Absinthe.



First (and only) drinks of the show... I was obsessed with the mini bottle, so cute!
 

My sister and her fiance
 

every chair as different and it was so. cool.
 

the teeny tiny stage
 

the crowd
 

my bubbly
  

me and my hubby
 

sister love
 

before the start of the show, just swinging above the crowd, men dressed like women


 
What is the best show you have ever seen?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!