Image Map

Friday 21 November 2014

While Hubby's Away...

I travel a lot more than my husband.  I used to travel a lot more for work and still have a couple overnighters throughout the year plus I go away with friends/family a couple of times.  My husband rarely travels without me but he has done one weekend trip a year for the last 3-4 years.  One.  Why is this important?  Because it’s the only time I get the house to myself for an extended period of time.  I get so excited because as much I love my husband, a couple of days to myself is heaven on earth. 

I do feel slightly guilty because I don’t hide my excitement and he knows I am looking forward to the time alone but who doesn’t?  If he traveled a lot it would be a different story – I miss him tons when I am away – but he doesn’t so I am going to thoroughly enjoy and take advantage of my alone time.

What do I have planned for this weekend?  Not a whole lot actually because I don’t really want to leave the house – I save that for weekends we're both home ;)

1. Wine. This is a given and has a presence every weekend but I have been looking forward to it all week… plus one of my hubby’s clients gave him a bottle of wine and he suggested I drink it tonight this weekend.  Done!


2. Pitch Perfect.  On repeat.  And the songs on three, four or five ‘peat with me singing along. And Bridesmaids… and all the cheesy girly shows I have saved up on the DVR.

P.S. - can’t wait for May!!

3. Naps.  Not that I don’t occasionally nap on the weekends but I feel way less guilty about it if no one knows when and how often.

4. Decorating for Christmas.  We agreed to decorate for the weekend of December 6-7th but we didn’t specify if that was inside, outside or both.  So I’m going with outside and plan to start getting festive inside (how could I not with all the instagramming and blog posts throwing it in my face) right after I spend my lunch break at Target.  I already have a couple things hiding in my car from yesterday’s break #sorrynotsorry.

5. DIY project.  I got this mini bench seat at a garage sale a couple months ago and want to paint it, recover the seat - basically give it a lot of TLC - and find a basket that fits underneath.  I'll probably also visit my stepdad to give it a structural upgrade.  Its home is beside our front door and we currently have a bunch of shoes piled on the bottom shelf… definitely need a basket.  Our living room colours are mainly greens and dark brown so am trying to figure out what colour will work best (a dark gray?) and then I will raid my mom’s fabric collection for a coordinating piece to cover the top with.  Fingers crossed my vision translates to real life!

DIY project


What else should I get up to this weekend?

 
Linking up  with Karli and Amy, and Leslie from A Blonde Ambition, plus the original 5 on Friday ladies: Darci, Christina, Natasha and Liz.
 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hope the bench redesign goes well. Please post some photos!! Maybe it will inspire me to tackle our entry way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I get the house to myself! My boyfriend was gone a couple weekends ago, so I watched lots of Project Runway and chick flicks. I worked on a DIY project too! Hope your bench turned out aca-awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm home alone, I listen to the pitch perfect sound track no matter what I'm doing. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!