Image Map

Thursday 9 April 2015

I'm Sorry I'm So Boring

I miss this blog but lately I haven't really had much desire to write anything. My mind is constantly on the move but right now, I feel like I have nothing interesting to say. I have a list of topics I want to write about but when it comes down to it, I'm just too damn lazy to type. To take pictures. I just want to read and be entertained. 

I'm so tired at the end of the day that if it's my night to cook dinner (thank the Lord my husband shares this chore with me) I am not trying anything new, I am doing the fastest easiest thing I already know how to do. So no new recipes are happening at our house. And sometimes I really wish my hubby was ok with a box of kraft dinner or something but he needs so. much. food. He is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy plus he has a very physical job so dinner is big for him. I could have a bowl of shreddies and go to sleep happy.

I'm kind of bored of TV. I finished binge-watching Friends on Netflix and now I'm not really loving anything on Netflix or even on actual TV. I want to watch a mindless comedy that makes me laugh... I hate that the Mindy show is already on summer hiatus. Big Brother Canada is on 3 times a week but I'm still getting into it and don't have a solid pick yet. Plus some of the effects they added this season are supremely annoying - and if the producers are reading this right now - I am talking about the hand crack to show nominations. Stupid. 

I leave this coming Saturday for a conference in Southampton, UK and unlike previous companies I actually arrive two days before it starts so I won't be a zombie. And then I fly home on Friday at 11:30am and arrive at 2:30pm so will get to enjoy (read: sleep and recover from jetlag) the weekend. I have no clue what to pack for this conference, wealso have a uniform of 'black bottoms and corporate shirt'. The corporate button down shirts will be distributed when we get there I'm not sure my signature black leggings will work with it. Tonight should be fun times raiding my closet. 

Anyone know of anything fun to do in Southampton?

My girlfriend had a baby last night! It's a book club baby and we have all been on pins and needles for two reasons:

1) she was supposed to be induced last Thursday and after getting bumped a couple times was finally admitted but no medicine would work so she ended up with a c-section last night. The hospital was understaffed and it sounded like a nightmare.

2) we had no idea what she was having!!! 

It's a boy and mom and baby are happy and healthy.

My sister and nephews are visiting my mom for a few days and last night we took Milo out for a walk by the water. It was awesome spring weather and so fun to see the boys, they are growing up so fast! In my head the baby is still more of a baby but no, he starts kindergarten in September.

And there you have it, some random thoughts from Sarah today. I'm sorry I'm so boring.

Oh and of course - the obligatory cute photo:

Because everyone loves puppies
{source}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!