Image Map

Thursday 11 June 2015

Bump Date: We're Halfway!

This has been a tough week. I feel pretty gross and blah. I am exhausted and barely able to keep my eyes open while I’m at work. My stomach hasn’t been feeling great and I don’t really have any desire to eat. I have a smoothie every morning and have been forcing myself to eat a yogurt and watermelon so there is something in my stomach but I need more greens. Pretty sure I am a total bitch at the office, everything pisses me off and my phrase of the week appears to be ‘I am going to lose my shit’. By the time I get home I have no energy to do anything more than make a couple lunches, walk Milo around the block and take up residence on the couch or in bed. Yesterday I stopped at my mom’s on my way home from work to pick up Milo and got some support through a bit of an emotional breakdown (aren’t Mom’s the best?) drove home, told my hubby he was on his own for dinner and crawled into bed. I watched TV for a bit, spent 15 minutes putting the pillow case on my snoogle (W.T.F.?? talk about losing my shit!) and passed out for what I think was a pretty decent sleep.

To top it all off I hit 20 weeks this week – HALFWAY YAY! – and got my super cute graphic but wasn’t able to print it because the printer is broken. And I am too darn lazy to make a trip to London Drugs when I know I could print it perfectly for free 20 feet from my desk if on the blue was working!

So annoyed with life right now.

Two questions:
1)      Does it get better? (and do I get nicer?!)
2)      Is the glow a big fat lie?

And now for my actual bump date...



How far along: 20 weeks. Officially in the second trimester!

I am trying to keep in mind that I had a few rough days at my previous milestone of 12 weeks so hopefully in a day or so I will feel much better.

Size of Baby: a banana / 6.5 inches

Gender:
 the answer is finally within reach… one week from today we have the anatomy and gender ultrasound so the latest we will know is next Friday. We will finally know if our baby boy is indeed a baby boy!

Symptoms: Extreme moodiness. Exhaustion. So much pain in my right lower back, butt, hip and outer thigh. Not so sure it’s my sciatic or just my pelvis dropping on that side. Either way by the time I go to bed my hip and thigh are on fire. I’m actually looking into essential oils to relieve some of the pain because I only let myself take Tylenol every once in a while.

Oh and my boobs are OUT OF CONTROL!

Stretch marks: Still looking good and still oiling/creaming.

Sleep: once I’m asleep it’s pretty good as long as my stomach is behaving, but I have to find a comfortable position for my aching right leg.

Husband: being pretty sweet, helping when he can and leaving me alone when I ask.

Belly Button: in

Movement: I am not feeling movement but I am getting sharp pains in my left groin area and my right side below my belly button feels like it is bruised internally or something. I just want to feel my baby kick or move or something.

Cravings: Still nothing. How boring. I do keep reminding my hubby that he needs to remember this in case I go out of control in the coming months.

Maternity Clothes: basically in maternity clothes except for a fabulously light dress I found for $16! It’s summery, has thick straps so I can wear it to work and is a very light fabric.

Best Part of The Week: Saying screw it and crawling into bed at 6:30pm last night. I needed some me time.

Worst Part of the Week: The rest of the week L

Missing Most: patio cocktails

Looking Forward To: the ultrasound next week, not knowing the gender is driving me insane!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!