Image Map

Monday 8 September 2014

Weeked Recap & Meal Plan

What a gorgeous weekend!  The sun was shining, it was HOT and with no commitments we had two full days of doing whatever we wanted.  It was lovely and very relaxing.  But it probably makes for a boring weekend recap so my apologies in advance...

Jinx didn't appreciate my Saturday sleep in - of an hour - and he let me know (don't you love his 'dining area'? we have to keep it out of Milo's reach so he eats in a corner of the office).

Feeding Jinx


The Mr. spent the morning doing some stuff around the house with tools, loud tools that Milo did not like.  As in did not leave my side for the entire two hours which was not fun.  He even laid right beside me while I was taking my bath and he normally refuses to enter the bathroom because he knows that where he gets dumped into a pool of water.

Milo hiding


Milo hiding

After our productive morning my hubby took off to hang out at a buddy's and K came over for drinks and appies.  We blended up a batch of yummy blueberry lime margaritas (you can get the recipe here) and soaked up the sun in our backyard. 

blueberry lime margarita

And that's all the photos I took.

Oh wait, except this one I took while I was grocery shopping - Halloween already??

Halloween decorations

Sunday was spent doing exciting things like laundry and recovering.  Gotta love a lazy Sunday!  I also spent a fair amount of time on Pinterest and added a couple newbies to our meal plan for the week.

Meal Plan


Sunday:  This chicken recipe was one of my Pinterest find and screamed Sunday dinner, throw the ingredients in the Crock Pot and let it take care of itself. Easy peasy.  Hubby made his amazing roasted potatoes and I served it with a spinach salad, it was delicious!

Monday: Another recipe I found on Pinterest, this Sour Cream Noodle Bake had me at cream.  I wanted to get it all ready to just throw in the oven but I ran out of prep time on Sunday but we'll see how it goes.

Tuesday: We recently added pork chops to our menu and I have done them in an Asian-style marinade the last couple times and my hubby really likes them.  Apparently they have enough flavour to please his taste buds so I will keep these on the menu as long as I can.

Wednesday: Grilled chicken breast on a caesar salad, so. quick. so. easy.

Thursday: One of my favourite nights of the week is when we have breakfast for dinner... I love scrambled eggs with light cream cheese mixed in.  I would be happy with the eggs and a piece of toast but I have to beef it up for the Mr.

Friday: Dinner out :)

How do you manage to minimize prep and cooking time during the week?

Linking up with Bella and Lisa for the Weekend Recap, Biana, Monday Morning Gossip and Meg's Monday Mingle! 

Weekend Recap


 
Mingle 240
 

3 comments:

  1. Those recipes you have on deck this week sound delicious! I'm actually cooking dinner this week too! So exciting to finally get back in the kitchen. I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so crazy Halloween stuff is already coming out!

    I need to start gettin on a meal plan. It would make my life so much easier!
    Thanks for linking up for our weekend recap!
    -Lisa
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend. I love your pooch! What kind is he? He looks similar to my bichon/poodle mix. That sour cream noodle bake looks awesome!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!