Image Map

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Recipe: Egg Basket Breakfast

There are many different variations for an Egg Basket Breakfast and after some perusing on Pinterest, starting with this pin) I came up with new go-to.  This was super quick to put together and then while they were baking I had time to cook hashbrowns and cut up some fruit.  Very little effort for a delicious breakfast... or brunch by the time I eat ;)
 
Ingredients:
(makes 3 larger baskets - 1 for me and 2 for my hubby)
- 3 ciabatta buns
- 3 eggs
- 9 thin slices of ham (I used rosemary but whatever meat you want would work)
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
 
Directions:
 
1. Hollow out bun to use as the 'basket'... I tossed the excess bread but these could be used to make croutons, breadcrumbs, etc...
 
2. Put a little bit of salt and pepper at the bottom of the hollowed out bun.
 
3. Fold/drape 3 slices of ham into bun to create a little basket.
 
4. Divide the 1/4 cup of grated cheese between the three bun baskets.
 
5. Crack an egg into each 'basket' and top with more salt and pepper.
 
6. Bake at 350 for 15* minutes.
 
*We like runny eggs so this is the length of time that works for us, if you prefer your yoke cooked more then adjust time appropriately.
 
 
 
I have served these Egg Baskets alone and they were delicious but I got a little fancier this weekend because I woke up on Sunday without a hangover.  #smallmiracle
 
Next time I am also going to make hollandaise sauce to pour on top which will just be amazing!
 
 
Best served with a mimosa and Baileys coffee to wash down the yumminess!

 
 
 
 
Eat Drink & Be Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!