Image Map

Tuesday 9 December 2014

What Weekend?!

Oh hello Tuesday, how did you get here?  Monday was a second-day-hangover-just-trying-to-make-it-through-the-workday-day?  That sucks.  Maybe you shouldn’t overindulge quite so much… maybe?  We’ll think about it?  Ok.

Friday night was awesome: we did a quick grocery shop, picked up dinner and then headed home to get Christmassy!  After being tortured with Instagram and blog posts of Christmas amazingness all week I was beyond excited to get our own house in the festive spirit.

First we decorated the tree… and just as we were about to put the star on top it fell and broke so we used Milo’s santa hat instead.  I didn’t love the star and am always looking for a new one so now I have an actual excuse to buy one.  And in the meantime a bigger santa hat – the current one is way too small. 
 
 
 
 
The other thing that is way too small is our living room.  Our tree gets scrunched in a corner and our ‘mantle’ is our entertainment stand with all of my husband’s speaker crap on it.  Yes he only uses it maybe 3-4 times a year but no of course it can’t be set up inside the unit and the doors opened when he wants to crank the tunes…. Did I mention that only happens at most 4 times a year?
He needs a man-cave.


And one day we will have a bigger house but for now I really need to just be happy that we a) have our own house, b) we have a roof over our heads, and c) we do actually have a decent front yard for Xmas lights and a big backyard that I love in the summer. 

Back to Christmas decorating (sorry for the rambling)…

I did the best I could with our ‘mantle’ and I think it looks ok.  The rest of our decorations may just end up on my desk at work so I can think Christmas all day long.

Saturday we woke up to pouring rain but we braved the downpour to put up all our outside Christmas lights… photos to come because what happened Saturday night meant that I was not taking any photos of the lights at all on Sunday or even yesterday.

This pretty much sums up my Sunday:



After getting soaked and thawing in a hot bath I headed out to get my hair cut for the first time in I actually can’t remember how long.  It may have been early summer but I feel like it was last winter.  #longhairproblems




Saturday night I got together with two lovely ladies for a couple hours to enjoy wine and appies, and then I went to our friends’ annual party.  This is where it all went downhill.  Beergaritas were made and consumed too quickly in large quantities and then it was time for Sarah to go home.  And when Sarah woke up Sunday morning begging her husband for headache pills and juice (thankfully he obliged) she cursed beergaritas for the rest of the day.  And all day Monday. 


 
I guess the good thing is that I had no plans on Sunday so I could recuperate but now our weekends are packed with holiday plans.  So no more craziness allowed, I will stick to wine next weekend – lesson learned.

I hope your weekend was more functional than mine!
 
Linking up with these lovely ladies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!