Image Map

Monday 7 October 2013

Another Weekend Come and Gone

This past weekend was another great one which meant it was that much harder to wake up and get out of bed this morning.  Mondays… a bad day to begin with and only made worse because two fun days were over.

Our Friday evening got off to a slow start as I was stuck on the parking lot highway following an accident on the bridge and it took me over an hour to get home.  Needless to say I wasn’t in a great mood when I got there and proceeded to snap hubby’s ear off.  This continued until the grocery store when I finally relaxed (I was surrounded by food and planning the bad for you yummy snacks I was going to devour eat all weekend!) and realized hey, IT’S FRIDAY!!  After grocery shopping we picked up dinner (best butter chicken EVER) and headed home to enjoy… at 8:30pm.  I managed to get hubby to stay up until after 10pm so all in all it was a good evening :-)

Saturday started with my usual bliss (Carolan’s coffee and PVR’d shows in bed) and then I finally got myself out of bed and dressed for… I can’t believe it… a run.  Yes, I finally started running again on Saturday.  I am starting slow with the C25K (couch to 5k) app and I have to say, I felt great after.  And Milo obviously had a blast so it was a win-win.

[caption id="attachment_176" align="alignnone" width="200"]First run of the program completed! First run of the program completed![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_175" align="alignnone" width="225"]Someone is very happy he gets to run again! Someone is very happy he gets to run again![/caption]

 

The weather this weekend was amazing (most likely our last tank-top acceptable weekend of the year) so after my run I poured myself a nice big glass of wine and sat in the backyard until hubby convinced me to run a quick couple errands with him.  Then my friend/SIL came to hang out with me and we took over the living room to watch girly shows on the PVR (at least once a month we sing to watch Pitch Perfect but this time it was Drop Dead Diva) and we managed to polish off two bottles of wine AND break into the box of wine I finally got smart enough to buy for midnight later in the evening when we no longer have any tastebuds.  Which lead to…

An epically hungover Sunday morning.  I don’t often get the real bad put-me-out of my misery hangovers but when I do, they are vicious.  What made it worse was the sun shining even brighter than Saturday and the fact that my mom was coming over to help me do some organizing in my house (clean out my car, sort (and finally get rid YAY!) all the random crap lying around, clean out my closet and organize the spare room).  I managed to get myself together and outside by the time she showed up with a Starbucks white chocolate mocha (now this drink is amazeballs PSL people!).  It was GORGEOUS outside!  Thankfully we were doing some stuff outside so we got to enjoy the sun.

[caption id="attachment_178" align="alignnone" width="225"]Gorgeous sunny weather!!  (Apologies for the horrible iPhone pics!) Gorgeous sunny weather!! (Apologies for the horrible iPhone pics!)[/caption]

I have to say that hangover aside,  it felt so good to get some stuff done around the house and I also have the best mom in the whole world (seriously, she rocks) and by the time she left I felt great.  Not pour a glass of wine great but wow I accomplished stuff this weekend great.  The rest of Sunday was spent trying to stay awake relaxing on the couch.

I made a casserole for dinner and will post the recipe this week :-)

What did you get up to on your weekend?

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!