Image Map

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Super Easy Coconut Macaroons

One of my most enjoyable addictions is Pinterest and I was excited to find a coconut macaroon recipe to try as I have been obsessed with lemon and coconut (together or separate!) desserts lately.  I found this 4 ingredient recipe courtesy of the Pepper Design Blog, click the link for the original recipe.

Ingredients (I was low on coconut so halved the recipe):
3 cups sweetened coconut flakes (I ended up mixing in half unsweetened and they were still yummy!)
1.5 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate discs (optional)

2013-09-28 21.50.07

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350° F (our oven cooks really hot so I next time I would preheat to about 325° F) and line cookie trays with  parchment paper and/or cooking spray

2) Whip egg whites, sugar and salt

2013-09-28 21.53.45

3) Add coconut and mix thoroughly

image

4) Use spoon to scoop into mounds on cookie tray (this method didn't work well for me so I scooped them up in my hands and tried to shape them into nice mounds... I really need to work on my form!)

5) Bake for 12-15 minutes (15 minutes was just a bit too long for my first set, 12 minutes worked much better.

6) While the macaroons are baking, melt chocolate to drizzle on top.  I melted the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl placed over a pot of water on medium heat.  Once melted I used a spatula to drizzle on top.

 

image

2013-09-28 22.41.32

 

 

 

Hubby and I both thought these were delicious!! I want to work on the form a little bit so lucky me, I get to make a few more rounds of these!  So quick and easy for a delicious treat.

What coconut recipes have you made?

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!