Image Map

Monday 30 September 2013

Weekend Recap

Hubby and I had an awesome weekend!  But before I get into I just want to tell you that I tried to upload a post on Friday night but was having connection issues so will have to save that one for another time.

So here is a brief recap of our weekend happenings:

Friday

We woke up to pouring rain but it was Friday so it really didn't matter.  And because it was Friday, I miraculously got myself out of bed at 6:20am and got to work early which meant I got to leave early :-)

Normally hubby and I head out after work on Fridays but  I didn't feel like dealing with the rain or grocery shopping, and I really just wanted to get home and put on something comfy and relax.

So that's what we did, I came home and we decided on dinner (pasta, delivery) then I threw on some comfy clothes and took Milo for a quick walk during a break in the rain.  We got home just in time for me to pour wine and get settled before dinner arrived.  It was a lovely evening at home.

Friday's sipping pleasure was actually a rose called Hush from the Dirty Laundry Vineyard, a great vineyard to visit for the legend behind the name, the gift ship and of course the wine tastings - we got to taste 9 wines!!!  That never happens!

image image

I also did some laundry and was going to fold it but someone made it his very comfy bed... so thankful he doesn't really shed!

milo-cropped

Saturday

I woke up Saturday morning to more rain but all was made better by a Baileys Carolan’s coffee, and then hubby left me on my own for a couple hours so I lounged in bed with the dog and cat watching the PVR.

I had a Costco tripped planned with my SIL (I know, we’re crazy to step foot in there on a Saturday!!) and we ended up driving to the one 45 minutes away so we could look for shoes in a store right beside it… no shoes but my SIL ended up getting two coats at awesome prices.  Costco was a nuthouse and I managed to restrain myself really well but I did buy 4 types of cheese?!?!

After I finally got home (downpour still happening) and carried the Costco goodies into the house I planned to do the second round of grocery shopping for the usual everyday stuff we needed… but the rain was a bit off-putting.  Then to my wonderful surprise, hubby said he would go with me in a couple hours and suggested I relax with a glass of wine.  No arm twisting needed here!  We went grocery shopping and then hubby spoiled me with two pairs of jeans and a cast iron pot – it’s purple and I LOVE it!  Now I need to figure out what the heck I am going to cook in it… ideas anyone??

2013-09-28 20.20.05

My purple pot :-)

Saturday night I got my bake on!  I poured some (more) wine and made coconut macaroons (recipe and instructions coming):

2013-09-28 22.41.32

Coconut macaroons drizzled with milk chocolate - recipe coming!

Hubby loved them!!

Sunday

Another great day… I helped watched hubby do an oil change on my car and then cooked us a big tasty breakfast.  After that I tried out a recipe I found on another blog I love, Megan at Hello Newlywed Life, for frozen breakfast burritos.  She included super simple step-by-step instructions and they were so easy to make!  I had one today and they were delish.  I will post a link to her recipe and then show you my pictures in an upcoming post (I hope mine look as good as hers!).

We had a big family dinner last night to celebrate hubby’s grandparents’ 70th wedding anniversary.  There were about 20 of us and it was the first time we had been together since the wedding.  Hubby’s grandparents are an amazing couple with so much love for each other and I only hope we are as lucky.

B&A-cropped

Love <3

Well, I'm off to get through the rest of this Monday!  How was your weekend, what did you get up to?

Sxxo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!