Image Map

Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Honeymoon is Over!

As I was cruising Pinterest last night (I am so addicted and it’s the first thing I do when hubby falls asleep!) I found a photo of Lauren Conrad and I. love. it.  She is a beautiful woman, wears gorgeous clothes that I know I never would and of course I watched her on Laguna Beach and The Hills and think she’s very classy and wish we could be friends.  But this picture?  I love it.  I love the outfit, the relaxed yet looks totally put-together look complete with brown boots (I love my brown boots, I feel sexy in my brown boots).  Normally I think she’s gorgeous but know I would never wear the same type of outfit but this one I would.  I don’t know why this picture speaks to me so much except I feel like it’s telling me that I need a change.

LC

I love this outfit, the makeup, everything!!

Hubby and I have settled into a pretty good routine following the year of chaos joy of being engaged and planning a destination wedding (side note: most destination weddings come as a package and yes, you make some decisions but you have someone there who organizes all the details… I didn’t and did everything by phone and email!  Not that I didn't have help because I did!).  There are two major pitfalls of our routine: I eat whatever I want whenever I want and I don’t exercise enough at all.  It’s as if I got married and went PHEW, it’s over!  And sat on the couch with a bag of chips and a chocolate bar.

I have never been an avid exerciser but I understand the benefits of it and yes, I do actually feel better when I do it.  I did a ‘learn to run’ program a couple years ago with a friend and did really well although I realized I do not like running for long periods of time.  It’s just not fun to me.  Around that time I also tried Weight Watchers and did quite well on that but I never went to the meetings so didn’t really see the point in paying the monthly fee for someone to simply weigh me.  But I lost weight. And I had more energy.

Before the wedding I was going for 50-60 minute walks on my lunch break and really watching what I ate, counting calories.  Every once in a while I would do a Jillian Michaels video and of course I took Milo for walks with our friend and her dog, he loved this because he got walks AND he got to play.

Now the only time I do anything is when I take Milo out for a walk but those have gotten shorter and I’m doing them solo because they are not part of our newlywed routine.

And food… food is the devil.  I like it.  Actually I love it.  If it’s fried and covered in cheese then I will most likely devour it.  Croissants with butter and jam? Yes please!  Chocolate chip muffins?  Watch out!  I am horrible.  My only saving grace is the spinach and fruit smoothie I have every morning Monday through Friday.  But my jeans are getting a bit tight.

 

So basically, I need to get my shit together because this newlywed’s honeymoon is over!  Well not the newlywed and honeymoon parts exactly, just the extreme lack of exercise and not caring what I eat.

My plan so far:

  • I downloaded an app called C25K (couch to 5km run program) and am starting it tonight… of course I read about this on Yoga Pants

  • I am going to dig out my Weight Watchers calculator and start counting points again

  • I am going to start bringing salads to work again and be active 3 lunches per week

  • I am going to limit wine/alcohol to weekends only


Do you have any advice for me?  What helps you stay motivated?  And if you have any tried and true recipes for hearty/tasty meals and snacks please share!!

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!