Image Map

Monday 23 September 2013

Weekend Recap

Hello Monday, goodbye weekend… and such a great one you were, please hurry back and if you want to magically make Monday through Thursday feel like a 24 hour time warp, I am totally down with that!

Our Friday evening got off to a late start (my fault because of an extremely busy day at work – how does it always happen on a Friday?!?) and so not exciting, we ran a couple errands to start the weekend.  We went grocery shopping and succumbed to every craving we had (it really is a bad idea to grocery shop while hungry) and then we picked up dinner (butter chicken YUM!) and headed home to pop in a movie.

2013-09-19 19.46.35     2013-09-19 19.46.53

My Friday night treat :)

Hubby chose the movie Jack Reacher and I chose to pour wine instead of putting up a fight.  The wine was perfect and the movie was actually pretty good.  I always get bored near the end of any type of action movie because the shootout scene goes on for way too long! I know the bad guy has to put up a bit of a fight but come on, we know the girl is going to be saved so can’t you shave a good 5 minutes off and let everyone enjoy?  Anyway, I digress…

On Saturday I got to sleep in and then indulge in baileys coffee courtesy of my love while watching the finale of Masterchef (I LOVE Gordon Ramsay but would never let him taste my cooking!).  I finally dragged my butt out of bed, ate a bagel for brunch and took Milo out to enjoy the last day of summer.  Then hubby and I dropped Milo off at the groomers and ran a couple errands before heading home where I decided to make not only a banana cream pie but also red velvet cupcakes.  I apologize for not taking a single photo; I really need to remember to because they were both amazing!!  But I do have a photo of Milo after picking him up from the groomer:

2013-09-22 00.11.29

Our fluffy guy with a fresh haircut

We had dinner Saturday night at my parents’ house for my sister’s last night before moving to join her fiancĂ©e far far away from me (and the rest of my family).  I am now the only one of three left living in the area and have already received a phone call from my stepdad asking me to visit and reminding me that this is, in fact my duty as the only remaining daughter.  This could be really good for me or really bad, we’ll just have to wait and see…

Sunday was perfect because we woke up to rain, rain and more rain.  It was gray and stormy and chilly and I was a bit down due to my sister leaving (and maybe also the headache from all the wine I drank the night before), so it was the perfect day to snuggle up in blankets and have a family day on the couch.  I did manage to make a pretty awesome dinner of baked ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes and steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots with cheese sauce.  Again no picture L  And we had banana cream pie for dessert.  Delicious!  And I really need to go on a diet.

2013-09-22 14.44.00

A rainy Sunday being lazy at home

2013-09-22 12.43.49

Hubby thinks I take too many pictures of Milo... um obviously - he's adorable!

So all in all a great low key weekend spent with family!

What did you get up to this weekend??

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!