Image Map

Tuesday 10 September 2013

C-Man Turns 1!

My nephew turns 6 today!  C was the first baby to be born into our family and I remember falling in love with him instantly.  When he was about two weeks old I went and stayed with my sister for a couple days to help out (who am I kidding – I wanted baby cuddles!!) and a soon as I got there, she gratefully handed him to me and went to lay down for whatever sleep she could get.  I found a movie on TV, cradled C onto my chest and started rubbing his back while inhaling sweet baby.  C promptly fell asleep and I sat like that for about 2.5 hours.  It was heaven.

Now C is in grade 1 and big brother to A, and he is such a sweet little man.  I don’t get to see him as often as I would like (my sister’s family moved for my BIL’s job so we see them about twice a year) so I am very thankful for my iPad and FaceTime!  I get carried all around the house and show the latest toys, the fish in the tank and sometimes their dog.

C loves to build things and is fascinated with all things superhero and Lego (preferably superhero Lego).  He talks a mile a minute and, when I’m there, still wants his Auntie to sit with him, play with him and read to him.  He was a ring bearer at our wedding this summer and surprised hubby with a sign saying ‘Uncle M, here comes your girl’, although now he never wants to go to another wedding because there is “too much kissing!!”  It has been amazing to watch him grow from a little peanut into the person he is today.

C2

Me and C on his first Christmas

C3

"Please stop taking my pictures Auntie..."

Happy Birthday little man, I love you to the moon and back!

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!