Image Map

Friday 13 September 2013

Friday's Feature

 

Tonight I have book club and this time we read a book!  At first it was just an excuse to get together and have some drinks and catch up but then we figured it is a book club so we kinda need a book portion.  The late summer heat wave is still holding strong and steady so my girlfriend’s patio will be perfect for some cold cocktails!

The first book we’ve read is Love Anthony by Lisa Genova (ok I haven't exactly finished it but am going to try my best between now and 6pm, I’m ¾ done).  It’s a story about a woman who lost her autistic son and another woman whose marriage falls apart, and something brings these two strangers together.  The book is pretty good, I loved her book Still Alice, but this one hasn’t been quite as gripping for me.  I like to lose myself in a book and I haven’t connected to Love Anthony in that way.  Maybe it’s because I haven’t had kids and would like to, and selfishly I am scared of dealing with autism.

Because it’s a Friday and everyone works, we are going to order sushi and drink blueberry lemonades (main ingredient = blueberry vodka) and of course, wine.  I think I will take Blasted Church’s Mixed Blessings:

blasted church

I get to suggest the next book choices and I’m hoping for something a bit lighter but with some substance.  I guess I better start looking…

Does anyone have any good book suggestions?  What are you reading right now?

Happy Friday, Cheers!

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!