Image Map

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Hump Day

Ah Wednesday, better known as Hump Day, thank you for gracing us with your presence… just two more sleeps to the sweet delicious freedom of FRIDAY!

Let’s chat about sleep, or actually waking up.  Does anyone else dislike waking up as much as me?  And not just during the week – I really am not a happy person when I wake up on Saturday or Sunday (unless I’m going on vacation but I’m still a little grumpy) but at least on the weekend it’s not to an alarm and I can wake up slowly.

On work days I should leave my house by 7am so my alarm is set for 6am when it’s the middle of the night pitch black… I snooze it twice and then turn on the news… the morning headlines come on at 6:30am (can’t miss those) and then hubby starts asking when I’m getting up.  Today I was fairly good and got up around 6:40am, on Mondays I tend to reset my alarm for 7am so I get another whopping 15 or so minutes of sleep.

Basically 8.5 hours after I get to work, I can leave work so it’s not a huge deal if I sleep in, but the later I sleep then the later I work and the worse the traffic is to get home.  And I have less evening to enjoy before going to bed!!

What is going to make me get out of bed??

Two suggestions I have received:

1. Put my alarm clock across the room so I have to actually get up to turn it off.

My phone is my alarm and my phone is also my third arm so this isn’t going to happen!

2. Have a child.

Not yet.  I still need my sleep.  And my wine.  I am so screwed when we do...

Does someone out there have a magical solution for me?  What is it going to take to get me out of bed??!

Have a great Hump Day!

Sxxo.

P.S.  As a follow-up to yesterday’s post, Milo and I went for a walk/run yesterday and he was SO happy!!

2013-09-24 17.48.34

A trail a block from our house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!