Image Map

Thursday 5 September 2013

Full-Time Passion?

I have a full-time job.  I have a good full-time job with vacation pay and benefits and I enjoy all the people I work with.  I am lucky because there are so many people who can’t find a job or can only find a job working with a deep fryer (don’t get me wrong, I love those people because who doesn’t want (need) fries every now and then??)… but is this my dream job?  No.  What is my dream job?  No clue.

You always hear if you can make your passion in life your job than going to work will be fulfilling and enjoyable and basically just amazing, AND you get paid for it.  So I just have to find my passion right?  I started thinking about what makes me the happiest and this is what I came up with:

  • Mornings when I don’t have to wake up to an alarm but still wake up early and get to enjoy coffee (with Carolan’s) in bed watching a super cheesy show like Teen Moms that I recorded on the DVR
  • Traveling to hot, sunny destinations
  • Wine tasting 
  • Going out to eat with my hubby
  • Spa days
  • Our date adventures with my sister and her fiancĂ©
  • Baking on Saturday night while drinking wine and watching Netflix on my iPad

I am one extremely happy lady when I am doing one of the above!

Could I really get paid to do one of these?  I know I could but who would??  Seriously, if anyone knows please fill me in on that little secret!

What started me on this whole rant is that I received a (spam) email at work with the subject line ‘The Right Careers For Your Personality Type’.  This led me to a webpage that said I need to take the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory.  Why not? 

So I took this test: http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html

I am an INFP. 

Introversion (I)
Intuition (N)
Feeling (F)
Perceiving (P)

Specifically I am a "Questor". A sense of honour - somewhat lost in life.  Huh??  The actual MBTI website defines it as:
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

That tells me nothing.  I couldn’t be therapist (way too much school required and I would probably get too emotionally involved!) but I guess I will keep my eye out for ways I can help others.  And I will keep an open mind and look for my “passion job”.

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!