Image Map

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Thank You's

Last night I started the dreaded but fairly overdue task of writing our thank you cards following the wedding.  We got married 6 weeks ago so I don’t think they are actually that late but I have had them for a week… I think I may have been putting it off because once the thank you’s are gone, the wedding is officially over.  We had such an amazing wedding and I just don’t want it to be over.  But it’s time.

I wanted to do something special for our thank you’s so my sister made a banner (so thankful that I have crafty people in my family!!) and our photographer took some photos of us with it.  Milo even made it into the shots… he may not have looked into the camera but we think he looks pretty cute anyway.

I designed them as a postcard (but we are sending them out in envelopes)...

Front:

2013-09-16 20.07.42

Back:

2013-09-16 20.07.19

This is what I have learned so far about writing thank you notes:

  1. Technology really is ruining the ‘art’ of handwriting… I wrote 8 last night and my hand was throbbing! I have about 50 left…

  2. Husbands are useless for this type of thing and basically think we should just say “thank you for the crockpot.”

  3. Even though I am writing every card individually, I hope no one reads anyone else’s because they all end up sounding the same

  4. I am used to being able to delete after typing the wrong thing so don't always think ahead... not the best look to cross our words so I need to think ahead!


How long did it take you to get your thank you's out?

Sxxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!