Image Map

Monday 16 September 2013

Weekend Fun

And another weekend flew by way to quickly!

Friday’s book club was so much fun and I am very proud that we had some quality conversation on our book!  I am also happy to report that I finished the book!!!  I managed to finish it on my lunch hour so didn’t have to google a summary of the end.

Book Club started on the deck with blueberry lemonade cocktails and chips with dip:

2013-09-13 18.49.09

2013-09-13 19.15.23

Blueberry vodka and lemonade... refreshing and yummy!

Once we had all relaxed a bit and stuffed our faces with homemade guacamole made by my sister-in-law (DELISH!) and ordered sushi for dinner, we went through the questions in the back of the book that are included for book club discussion.  Some good discussions were had and I really enjoyed hearing everyone’s perspective on different parts of the story.  The questions gave us a good starting point to work from so I think they should be included every time!

After two blueberry lemonades and the sun going down, we made our way to the dining room and the sushi finally arrived (after 1.5 hours – NEVER ordering from Gen Sushi again!!!), we switched to wine and jumped into important conversations about Thursday’s episode of Big Brother and how much we love Duck Dynasty (seriously hubby and I love the show, and my favourite is Jase).

2013-09-13 20.22.43

2013-09-13 20.30.28

Salmon roll, asparagus roll (first time, LOVE), dynamite roll, chicken wings and salad.  I was full after 4 bites.

After two bottles of wine we called it a night.

Our next two books are Night Road and Gone Girl… when is the Shopaholic series going to come back??  I need some chick lit!

Saturday was pretty quiet.  I did some stuff around the house and then grocery shopped, and then my sister came over for dinner, wine and a tv marathon – we watched New Girl season 2.  Hubby went to his friend’s and let us have the house to ourselves, such a sweet man.  My sister B is moving east next weekend while her fiancĂ© is in law school and I am going to miss her so much.  She is my bestest friend, my rock.  So it was nice to spend some quality girl time with her.

I have a busy week at work but hopefully it just gets me to Friday that much quicker!

How was your weekend?

I hope Monday isn’t too painful for you!

Sxxo.

1 comment:

  1. Please one more post about that.I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect
    sample court forms

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!