Image Map

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Smoothie Fuel

I love spending Sundays mucking around in the kitchen and doing some sort of cooking or prep for the week. I always make my breakfast smoothies for the week (well the majority of them) and then I just grab one from the freezer each evening and it's a quick process getting their for the morning.

I have my quirks though:

1) I don't like things icy cold so I always thaw the fruit in the fridge overnight, it's still buts but not ICY cold

2) for reasons explained above, I never add ice to my smoothie, I add water

Breakfast smoothie ingredients

Breakfast smoothie ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup raspberries (I use fresh or frozen, whatever works out to be cheaper!)

  • 1/2 cup blueberries

  • 1/2 banana (I cut up 3 and divide between 5 shakes)

  • 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt

  • 1 tbsp ground flax seed

  • 2 cups spinach


My process:

  1. Combine berries, banana and spinach into 4 bags and a bowl bags wash out and reuse the bags!!)

  2. Put the bags in the freezer and put the fruit in the bowl into my blender and store in the fridge

  3. In the morning add flax, yogurt and 1.5 cups water and blend like crazy! our blender shuts off automatically after 1 minute and it's perfect!


[caption id="attachment_221" align="alignnone" width="223"]My freezer ready bags and bowl for Monday! My freezer ready bags and bowl for Monday![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_222" align="alignnone" width="223"]Breakfast deliciousness! Breakfast deliciousness![/caption]

I take my smoothie with me and am finished by the time I get to work and they keep me full until lunchtime! then I'm starving that make bad food decisions... If only I was as disciplined at lunch!!  But the truth is my smoothie tastes great and is easy to have on the go.

I am pretty boring and rarely change it up (when I get crazy I switch from raspberries to strawberries) bit I would to try something new... Maybe I should even start doing a lunch smoothie!  Any suggestions?  Do you have a breakfast or lunch smoothie, or possibly even both?  What do you put in it?  I would love to hear different options!

Happy Day!

S xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!