Image Map

Sunday 22 June 2014

The Last Supper Meal Plan

Happy Summer Everyone! How crazy is it that yesterday was the first day of summer??  Don't get me wrong, it's amazing and I love summer because of all the fun it brings, but isn't it scary how fast time goes by now?  I remember being a kid and feeling like summer would never arrive and now I know I will wake up in September in what feels like a week from now.  So I just need to remember to take advantage and actually enjoy as much as I can.

We had another awesome weekend and I will recap for tomorrow but tonight I managed to pull together a dinner plan for the week.  




Sunday: I am starting a weight loss challenge with my sisters tomorrow and tonight felt like I was having a "last supper" (although we do have the rest of the summer to get through!) so we had fried chicken, fries with gravy and coleslaw.  So so so yummy.

Monday: I made and froze cannelloni for our trip next week and I ended up with extra filling so for dinner I am going to roll to up in lasagna noodles, top with pasta sauce and cheese and then bake.  I really hope it's good!

Tuesday: I have a golf lesson after work (one of the women I work with is teaching me and a friend) so hubby is on dinner and although willing to do it, he is exhausted after work and cooking is the last thing he wants to do.  He loves to make chili and especially loves that he can throw the ingredients in the crockpot.

Wednesday: always quick and always delicious - breakfast for dinner!  Probably just scrambled eggs, toast, bacon and fruit salad.

Thursday: My sister and nephews are coming to town for the weekend but because I am away I am meeting them for dinner and possibly a movie.  

Friday: after work I will have to pack and get everything ready to leave Saturday morning... we will be getting up at 4am to leave at 5am... so I think I will pick up sushi on the way home.

For me to succeed in the challenge with my sisters I am definitely going to need to start making two dinner plans - one for me and one for hubby.  All in good time.

Does anyone else out there make two different dinners??  If you have any secrets please pass them on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!