Image Map

Monday 19 May 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Oh Monday here you are again and it seems like just yesterday it  was Friday.  Well I guess that was two yesterdays ago but still you just arrive too damn quick.  At the same time, you seem to go away pretty quick and bring me that much closer to Friday again.  The never-ending cycle that is life.

So I am officially back in the blogging game - and I am a sponsor this month on Boone+Owl so go check it out!  Jen is taking part in a Canon Rebel T3i so head on over and enter to win!!  Or don't because then I have a better chance of winning ;)

We had a pretty eventful weekend and I am planning to do a recap but honestly I just haven't had time  but will get to it tomorrow.  I will tell you that I finally got a MacBook Air on Friday and I am soooo in love with it!  In. Love. Completely. Obsessed.  And it was on my shiny new MacBook that I get to play pretend designer with our meal plan for this week:




As you may remember we have been in a dinner menu rut.  It has to be quick and it has to be tasty... and so it tended to be super boring and the same 5-6 dishes every week.  I'm a boring eater and I was bored.  Anyway a friend of mine recommended a cookbook and I am trying two new recipes this week!

Sunday: We were planning to have tuna stuffed pitas but I actually wasn't feeling that great and the only thing that didn't turn my stomach was the classic comfort food KD mac 'n cheese.  

Monday: tonight we're having chicken baked in a mixture of salsa, peanut sauce and fresh basil... this is one of those new recipes and it sounds weird to me but comes highly recommended... I'm going to serve the chicken on rice with a green salad on the side.

Tuesday: Marinated flank steak with sautéed mushrooms, roasted green beans and coleslaw.

Wednesday: Tuna stuffed pita shells... basically tuna salad with lots of veggies stuffed in whole wheat pita shells.

Thursday: BFD - I found bacon on super sale this weekend so bacon and eggs are a must!

Friday: Dinner out :)


What are you eating this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!