Image Map

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Weekend Recap

Welcome all to the recap of a tasty food, wine and fun filled weekend!  Oh and TWO naps!  If you know me at all you know how much I love my naps and I literally schedule them into my Saturdays if possible.

The fun started on Friday night when our book club got together for K's birthday dinner celebration.  It was only a month late but it’s the thought that counts right?  Unfortunately Coco wasn’t able to join us but she was there in spirit… and her absence also means that K has to wait just a little while longer for her present but I think it will be worth it.

We met at a funky restaurant downtown and immediately ordered what I think is their signature appetizer, fried chickpea dip (a fancy name for hummus) and crisps, with an extra side of baked crispy chicken skin.  Yes, you read correctly: baked crispy chicken skin.  And of course I loved it.  Oh and I should correct my earlier statement – we obviously ordered wine immediately but the appy was pretty ordered pretty darn quickly after.

The restaurant is famous for its rotisserie chicken and I was lucky enough to share with K, because my albacore tuna was beautifully plated but was pretty blah.  It was odd because it was coated in a spice mixture but there was basically no flavor.  The chicken however was amazeballs so they should definitely keep their focus on it!

The dessert was also delicious… chocolate pudding topped with cocoa nibs and honeycomb.  Need I say more?


On Saturday I had a lazy morning and then took Milo for a long walk during a break in the rain which started falling again the moment we got into the car… thankfully there was no wrestling in the bathtub with a muddy dog!  And because it was so wet and gloomy outside, climbing into bed for a nap was just so appealing so I cuddled right up into a ball and fell asleep for two hours.

Hubby finally woke me up and we headed out for an afternoon “date” with a pit stop to check out the MacBook Air laptops.  I am getting the 13”, decision finally made.  (The decision was between a new iPad or my first ever MacBook).  And then onto our date of beers and appetizers.  I only managed to get a photo of the beer and me holding the beer – shocking hey?


We then returned home and K came over to drink wine and watch movies with me including Pitch Perfect (we fast forwarded to all the singing parts), an awesomely lazy evening.

Sunday consisted of sleeping in, laundry, grocery shopping, another nap and then a tasty lasagne dinner courtesy of my mother-in-law.  A great way to end the weekend!

What did you get up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!