Image Map

Friday 1 August 2014

Oh Hey Friday: Vacation Edition

I am not trying to rub it in or anything but can I get a YIPPEEEEE! for officially being on vacation as of 4:30pm today?  Actually I have technically been on vacation since 4:30pm yesterday but I have so much work to do and we aren't leaving until Saturday so I am sucking it up and getting as much off my plate as I can.  I will be able to enjoy myself a lot more if I know I'm not leaving a shit storm behind.  I will return to one for sure, I always do, but as long as I'm not aware of it I won't spend time worrying about it.  
So at 5am Saturday morning the Mr. and I are heading to the cabin for one whole week.  I plan to spend the majority of my time by the water with a few wine tastings sprinkled in.  

For the link-up today I have five things I am looking forward to for the next week...



1 |  Wine.  There will be a lot of it, both tasting and chugging drinking.



2 |  Anniversary Celebrations.  On Sunday it's my first anniversary with the Mr.  We got married at the lake so it just makes sense to celebrate at the lake.  Bring on the year old cake! (p.s. don't you love how happy my new husband looks in this photo?)




3 |  Kayaking.  I am beyond excited to use my kayak again!  I had so much fun paddling around and checking out the lake... I just need to remember to go first thing when the water is nice and calm because I always put it off.  And then I get sad.  Will try not to let that happen this time.



4 |    Book Club reading.  We chose a light read this time (I have heard it's hilarious) and I have been saving it for reading lakeside, cocktail in hand.
 


5 |  Sister!  I am so incredibly excited to see this face (not mine, the other one)... I haven't seen my sister since Christmas and I can't wait to spend some time with her while we are both on vacation.  Fun in the sun awaits!




What are you up to this weekend?

Linking up with Karli and Amy, and A Blonde Ambition!
 









2 comments:

  1. Oh my word - i am officially jealous. First of all - happy anniversary. Secondly, enjoy your week. Look forward to hearing about all the fun.
    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!