Image Map

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Cucumber Cups Stuffed with Chicken Salad

I recently came across this recipe on Pinterest for cucumber stuffed with crab and it looked like the perfect cold refreshing snack for a hot summer day.  Except I didn't have any crab and to be honest I wasn't really feeling crab... but I was most definitely feeling chicken salad.  Every couple weeks I go to Costco on my lunch hour which is obviously when all the samples are being handed out and I had the most amazing chicken salad (quarter) sandwich.  Cut to this weekend when I had a full cucumber and I thought hey, why not?These were so easy and quick to make!

I made the chicken salad pretty similar to how I make tuna salad.

Ingredients:
1 can cooked chicken, rinsed
1 cucumber
2 tbsp light mayo
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt (0% fat)
salt and pepper to taste
paprika to sprinkle on top
I wanted to add finely chopped celery but we were out, bell peppers would also make a great addition... the possibilities are endless!
 
 
Directions:
1. Combine chicken, mayo, greek yogurt, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.  Place in fridge to chill slightly while preparing the cucumber cups.
 
 
2. Slice cucumber in 1/2 inch sections (the original recipe says to peel the cucumber but I didn't bother).
3. Using a grapefruit spoon with serrated edge, carve out the inside of the cucumber (the other recipe used a melon baller but I didn't have one and the serrated spoon worked really well!).
 
 
 
4. Scoop approximately 1 tbsp of the chicken mixture into each cucumber cup.
5. Sprinkle paprika on top.

 
 
I made these Sunday afternoon and they were a total hit!  I will definitely be making these again, and maybe even trying a few variations.  

I love how the cucumber cups replace bread - what other vegetables could be used as cups?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!