Image Map

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Taste of Tuesday (Pet Edition): Dogsicles

Milo would lay out in the sun all day if he could and as soon as one of us is home we open the back door and he's out.  More often then not he avoids the grass completely and stretches out in the only small dirt section available in full sun.  A couple years ago I found this pin and loved the idea but didn't really want to make one huge ice treat.  So I decided to tweak the concept a little bit.
 
This is so easy!
 
 
I combined 3 cups of water with half a chicken stock cube and popped it in the microwave for about 90 seconds (it was way too hot to turn the stove on!).  Once the chicken (or beef) stock was mixed into the water, I used a measuring cup to pour the mixture into mini muffin trays (I have also used ice cube trays and they work great as well :)

All I needed to whip these up in about 3 minutes!

After 90 seconds in the microwave, I whisked the mixture to combine.

The measuring cup isn't necessary but it makes for easy pouring!
These froze fairly quick but in all honesty I forgot about these for a couple days because it started raining...
Your dog will thank you!

Voila! It takes about an hour for these to freeze and then I just pop them in a bag and keep them in the door of the fridge.  
 
 
Milo loves these and I like knowing that he is getting a tasty treat but staying cool and hydrated.
 
What do you do to keep your furbabies cool in the heat?


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a great idea! I bet my Bob would love them!! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!