Image Map

Monday 7 July 2014

Weekend Recap #1: Back to Life, Back to Reality...

I never managed to post my weekend recap for our June 28 - July 1st long weekend so here it is and I will post another one tomorrow.
 
We got back from the most amazing long weekend last Tuesday but I was so depressed to be back to real life that it was all I could do to get through the workday, come home to organize dinner and prep for the next day and then finally crawl into bed.  In a sauna I might add... sleeping in a hot room sucks a big fat one.  We have the fan on full blast at the end of our bed and I wrap my feet in a cold wet washcloth but it's not the best solution.  I googled ideas to keep cool at night and the best one I found (but keep forgetting to do) is to put your pillow in the freezer for a few hours.  Has anyone tried this??  I think this is right up my alley because I am always flipping my pool to the cool side

Well as usual I just got seriously off topic, back to our amazing Canada Day long weekend.  We spent a long weekend at my husband's family's cabin (house) on the lake... we went wine tasting, ate tasty food, picked cherries (well K picked cherries and I held the ladder for a bit and took photos), we read books in the sun and tried the new kayak hubby found for me on the local community board.  The weather was a bit windy especially on Saturday but it was hot and sunny and I even came home with some colour.
Here are some pics from our trip:

 

Enjoying the last bit of sun on our first night

The kayak hubby found for me on the local community board, love it!!

 

 

Hubby taking my kayak for a spin

Our 7am family bike ride (I obviously didn't have enough wine the night before!)


Hubby and I painted these pots for my MIL, will post about my latest DIY project soon!
Milo isn't a swimmer but he loves being so close to the biggest water bowl he's ever had!
Milo helping K shuck corn for dinner

Amazing dinner! chicken fingers, new potatoes, corn, garlic bread and 
the best kale salad ever from Costco

Enjoying our amazing dinner on the deck

Chilling in the golf cart after touring the orchard
Cherry Disaster 2014 (only a few cherries were harmed, most were salvaged thankfully!)

Enjoying the view
 
 
 
Milo had so much fun and was so exhausted by Monday
We ended up visiting four wineries this trip.  Normally we save the majority of wine tasting for August as we will be back for a longer trip plus this year my sister and her fiancĂ© will be in the area as well and they also love to do the tours.  But I got lucky this trip because K and my MIL really wanted to go to a couple places and basically hubby had no choice.  We visited two of our favourites and then re-introduced ourselves to two that we haven't been to in a while.  I will write more about those later.
And the countdown to our August trip begins... 4 more weeks!!

How was your weekend?
 
 
Linking up with Bella and Lisa!
 
Weekend Recap
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!