Image Map

Friday 18 July 2014

Oh Hey Friday, Let's Get Our Treat On

I was catching up on my blog reading tonight and checked on Karli's gender reveal (absolutely love the photos and congrats on another baby girl!) when my eyes landed on this post.  I tried to forget it and kept going through my usual reads while trying to come up with a topic for Karli's new Friday link-up... my mind was blank and of course I hadn't prepared anything and I was scared I was going to have to turn to gifs (again) because I couldn't think about anything except Karli's post!  And then I knew I had to admit what my 'Oh hey Friday' 5 was going to be... five treats that I can't wait to make!
source
1. Karli's Cupcakes
Made for the family's gender reveal party, these look absolutely delicious and I have no doubt that is exactly how they taste... real butter and extra eggs in the batter and vanilla pudding in the frosting, need I say more?

source
2. Crispy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter, the perfect combination of salty and sweet!

source
3. Brown Sugar Oatmeal Coconut Chewies
My hands-down favourite cookie is soft/chewy oatmeal chocolate chip.  I also love coconut (but I can't stand coconut water, weird).  When I found this cookie on Pinterest last December I had to add it to the Christmas cookie selection even though they aren't remotely Christmasy.  Huge success, HUGE!

source
4. Bluberry Croissant Puff
This recipe combines yummy buttery croissants, fresh blueberries and cream cheese to make what I am sure is one tasty breakfast.  I am going to try this one at the cabin :)

source
5. Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
I got this recipe from a colleague and have made them a couple times, definitely a favourite at our house.  The bonus is these are somewhat low fat and made with applesauce and yogurt.  They turn out super moist every time and no one can tell they aren't totally sinful!

I have some great eats ahead of me!  Definitely making Karli's Cupcakes first... or at least the frosting for sure! 

What is your favourite homemade treat?

Linking up with Karli and Amy!



1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the linkup. These all look amazing!!! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!