Image Map

Thursday 13 February 2014

Hump Day Comfort Food

Generally speaking easy is good, and when it came to dinner tonight easy was the name of the game. Wednesday is usually the day when I get lazy and try to flake out on making dinner, so when I was planning this week's dinner menu, I wanted something super easy and super tasty for hump day.  We decided on tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.  And again, EASY was my goal.

I recently discovered this tomato soup at Trader Joe's and it has the best flavor, kicks Campbell's ass.
 
My new favourite tomato soup!
 
For the grilled cheese sandwiches we used fresh baked sourdough and Kraft singles.  I'm not down with all the fancy grilled cheeses that are showing up, for me it is and always will be Kraft singles and some sort of white/sourdough bread.  I do have one exception, last summer my mother-in-law put bacon in grilled cheese and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten... I haven't tried it myself though because with my addictive personality that would be major trouble and major cholesterol.  

So we heated up some tomato soup and grilled up some grilled cheese sandwiches, all in about 5 minutes.  It was perfect and easy (love that magic word!).

 

A simple tasty dinner with someone waiting to scoop up any fallen soldiers (there weren't any!)
I briefly considered making a salad but as you can see that didn't happen.  I don't feel too guilty with my smoothie breakfast and salad lunch but dinners like this might be why I am not actually losing weight, but at least I'm not gaining!  (I'm a glass half full kinda gal)

To recap, looking for something tasty? Tomato soup and grilled cheese, hump day comfort food.
 
One more sleep til Love Day!  What are your plans?  I am hoping to surprise my hubby with breakfast in bed but he somehow always catches me... cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about tomato soup and grilled cheese. It was one of my favourite comfort foods as a child! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitely going to make it this weekend! X Jane http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! It is so easy to forget about the simple meals and I love to 'rediscover' my favorites :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!