Image Map

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Long & Tasty Weekend Recap

Oh weekend, how I love thee... parting is such sweet sorrow.  Thank the wine fairy that we will be together again in only 3 sleeps!  But before I get too ahead of myself let's check out the fun that was this weekend and for me, a long weekend.
 
Friday night was date night in with grilled cheese, fries and gravy and of course a big glass of red wine.  The Opening Ceremonies were on at some point but I was really focused on my wine dinner and not really paying attention.  
 
I also gave this guy a bath and he was chilly so I wrapped him
up in a bathrobe.  He slept in it all night!
 
Saturday the sun came out and a couple friends and I went out for brunch (aka my favorite meal of all time) at a new restaurant down on the water so the views were amazing.  They have a wicked brunch menu including feature sparkling cocktails on Saturdays; lucky me they are about 6 blocks from my house so I envision getting to know the place quite well.  I forgot my phone (talk about torture) so had to get my friend to take a photo of the deliciousness that was my meal.
 
Smoked salmon & cream cheese benny YUMMY!
 
Saturday evening was craft night at K's.  We ate appies, drank wine, watched a couple rom-coms and did actually do some crafting.  I found a DIY project on Pinterest and was excited to try it, and full disclosure that the only reason I was successful with the centering and lining up of the words was due to K's math.  Once we figured out what we were doing it was pretty easy and I am really happy with the way it turned out.
Being crafty!
 
Sunday was a purely lazy indulgent day.  We hung around the house doing the odd chore but mostly chilling.  I watched all 9 episodes of Parenthood that I had banked, can you say TV binge?  I also managed to watch 3 episodes of Bones and 2 episodes of Nashville.  There was a nap in there somewhere but basically I watched TV, drank a bottle of champagne (with oj in the morning, I'm not a total animal) and then switched to tequila and Crystal Light margarita mix.  Lunch was leftover pizza and dinner was a bag of popcorn with white cheddar seasoning.  

Hubby had to run out and surprised me with the most perfect rose!

Breakfast: pizza & mimosa
 
 
Dinner: popcorn & tequila margarita

I slept in on Monday (doesn't that always feel amazing??) and then spent the day doing mindless wandering with my mom.  We did a bit of shopping and hung out and then I was supposed to make dinner when I got home and was thisclose to ordering something but the hubby stepped in and kept us on track.  It looked and smelled so amazing that I started eating before remembering to take a photo!  So easy, fairly healthy and DELICIOUS!
Cheese & bacon breaded chicken with
asparagus and roasted potatoes
Linking up with Showered With Design and Dateless in Dallas for Weekend Recap. 
 Showered With Design
 
 
Can't wait to read about everyone else's weekend! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!