Image Map

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane

We booked our flights to Palm Springs!  I won't lie, I was fairly certain hubby was going to call off our trip but I was wrong and as of Sunday I will be in vacay and enjoying heat and sun!  

Hubby's business kicks back into full-time gear on Monday, March 3rd and he wasn't sure he wanted to leave town the week before.  He is a worrier and constantly thinking about work and this is our last opportunity to go away for a week until next November.  Our summer trips are generally long weekends so I was really looking forward to having this time together.  
Hubby is also a planner and I have happily obliged his need for a plan: I will either be laying by the pool, wandering the aisles of Target, partaking in happy hours and eating whatever I want whenever I want.  Oh and we will be throwing in a visit to the Living Desert at some point.  My plan for this vacay is to RELAX. 

I am still in a bit of shock that in 5 more sleeps I will be in paradise:
   Not the actual view but pretty damn close to the one from the patio

View from my floatie in the pool... Heaven...

Not that I want anything to take away from my vacay buzz, but does anyone have any must sees we should check out?  For some reason (that I LOVE) I only ever seem to lounge by or in the pool with cocktails, do the odd bit of shopping and then go back to the pool for more cocktails...
But back to real life... tomorrow is the last day of my training seminar and it ends with an exam so wish me luck.  Seriously, please wish me luck, this shit is intense, detailed and veeeery boring!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Have fun and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing now that we have finally arrived! We lost a full day because of snow :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!