Image Map

Sunday 2 March 2014

Back to Real Life & Dinner Menu

We lost a day and a half of our vacation because of snow and got home just in time for more to fall. Um isn't it March? We rarely have more than a couple days with a few centimeters of snow but winter this year has been totally unpredictable... Polar vortex craziness!  We did have amazing weather in Palm Springs though and I spent the majority of my days at the pool or reading on the patio with a bit of shopping in between.  I love the relaxed atmosphere of PS and always hate to leave.

One thing that was a bit of a downer was how out of shape I felt.  I always feel a bit self conscious but this time was one of the worst... every time I looked in a mirror or saw a photo of myself I wanted to cry.  The double chin, jiggly thighs and belly that makes me look preggo... even shopping wasn't very much fun because I couldn't stand how I looked in anything.  I know that I'm the only one who can make changes and I need to take responsibility for how I feel and what I need to do to change it, I am just really having a hard time keeping the motivation.  I get all excited for a day or so and then I'm back to my old ways.  So once again I am starting at ground zero (or in the negatives as a result of vacay indulging) and really hope I can keep my meals on track and follow my exercise plan.  Wish me luck.

Below is our dinner menu for this week and this is where I get lazy because my husband needs a hearty meal and I overindulge.  I need to learn the art of enjoying a couple bites and then stopping.  A little stomach shrinkage would help as well, any tips lol?



Sunday: Tortellini pasta with tomato sauce (I need to go heavy on the salad and easy on the pasta!)
Monday: Chicken Fajitas (sliced chicken with sautéed peppers and onions, flour tortillas for hubby and a bed of lettuce for me)
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner (scrambled eggs with Canadian bacon, toast and fruit salad)
Wednesday: Beef Lettuce Wraps (we haven't made these before so we will see) 
Thursday: Parmesan Chicken with green beans (and potatoes for hubby, salad for me)
Friday: Dinner Out! I'm leaning towards sushi...

I have protein smoothies for breakfast and salads in a jar for lunch... Wish me luck following our menu!

What do you have planned for dinner this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!