Image Map

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Taste of Tuesday: Deliciously Easy Parmesan Chicken!

 
Please join me in a happy dance because... I made a delicious dinner last night!!! Hubby and I both loved it!  If you knew me well you would understand why this is so exciting - cooking stresses me out (if I ever win the lottery a personal chef is first on my list) and my husband always complains that my food "needs more flavor". What can I say I like simple food. I love cheese pizza and my sandwiches have two ingredients, meat and mayo.  A hunk of cheese? Gone.  Scrambled eggs on toast? Delish.  Anyway I digress...

Check out this tastiness:




Chicken (everyone makes some version of this, I tweaked a recipe right from Hellman's website)
Ingredients:
1/8 cup Greek yogurt 
1/8 cup mayo
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used twice what the recipe called for but um it's cheese)
2 tbsp. panko crumbs
2 chicken breasts

- place chicken in greased pan
- mix yogurt, mayo and Parmesan and spread over top of chicken breast
- top each breast with 1 tbsp. panko crumbs
- bake at 400 for 20 minutes (or until chicken fully cooked, our breasts were small and cooked perfectly)

Green Beans - I found a recipe that called for brown butter, lemon and toasted almonds... We didn't have almonds and I obviously love cheese so here is what I came up with...

Ingredients 
4 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. cream cheese
1 tbsp. lemon juice
pepper to taste

- cook green beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside
- melt butter and cheese over medium heat (stir continuously with wooden spoon until all melted)
- remove from heat, add lemon juice and pepper to taste
- pour over green beans and toss to coat

Potatoes
- cube two potatoes and bring to a boil, boil 5 minutes
- drain, return potatoes to pot and sprinkle in (no actual measurements, this was a bit of a free for all):
  • garlic salt
  • seasoning salt
  • oregano
  • thyme
- bake at 400 for 30 minutes 

Everything was pretty simple but wow did everything taste so good! My favorite was the chicken, so juicy inside with a nice flavorful crust on top.  It will definitely be a regular from now on!

Today I am linking up with Ashley, Jessica and Mary for Taste of Tuesday!



Happy Tuesday All!

 
 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Yumm.. this looks great! I'm a huge fan of anything that's easy during the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! I can't believe how much planning a meal and cooking stresses me out!

      Delete
  2. I totally understand your way of eating. I'm always told I eat bland foods. I just don't prefer a bunch of spice or ingredients. Cheese is one of my main food groups. Found you through the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is THE BEST food group! And it doesn't need any spice to be delicious ;) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! This just looks amazing!:))) I am going to have to try this out on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!