Image Map

Thursday 23 January 2014

Drumroll Please... Dinner of the Year!

Well, best dinner of 2014!  I scored so many points with my first new recipe this week! Hubby was blown away, called it one if the too 3 meals I have EVER made.

I can in no way take credit for this recipe; I have been dying to try it ever since I saw the cheesy goodness on
Megan’s blog and loved how the recipe looked so simple (i.e. “Sarah-proof”).  I was so excited to have it on our
dinner plan and mentally checked off (or so I thought) everything we would need to make it.


Meghan’s Ingredient List:
11 lasagna noodles
1 jar of Vodka Sauce
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup ricotta
1 egg

 
We had everything – even the jar of vodka sauce that I picked up from Trader Joe’s in November when I
first wanted to make it, can you say procrastinate much? – EXCEPT THE RICOTTA.  How could I have forgotten
this pivotal lasagna ingredient??  I knew I needed to figure something out and quickly googled replacement for
ricotta but found link after link telling me how to make ricotta and that definitely wasn’t happening so I looked
in the fridge.

 
 I used 2 tbsp of cottage cheese (all we had left) and 3 tbsp of plain non-fat greek yogurt.  DELISH!
 
 

So Megan I apologize for not properly follow your amazing recipe but I am freaking proud of myself for winging it and blowing my husband’s mind!  He has requested this again ASAP and I’m pretty sure I will become a regular in our house – I think I’m even going to freeze a few portions!  This is the type of meal that I can prepare the regular version for my hubby and try to lighten it up for me.  Oh and I have put ricotta on the grocery list to try it the other way next time.
 
Seriously people, if you like pasta and cheese (who doesn’t??) then you need to try this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I love finding new recipes and totally blowing the socks off the husband. Best feeling ever ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so not skilled in the kitchen so I'm thrilled when I just don't screw anything up! I loved blowing his mind!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!