Image Map

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Taste of Tuesday: Cookie of the Year??

I attempted to try two new recipes last night, Meatloaf Parmesan and Cheesy Potato Gratin, and the meatloaf was delicious but the potatoes were a complete disaster.  Maybe not a compete disaster, they tasted ok, but they were black.  Yes, black. I'm not too sure what happened, I was actually trying to be proactive and prepped the potato dish last night.  I didn't google what would happen to potatoes if you slice them 24 hours before cooking but I'm thinking it might have something to do with turning black.  When I screw up a dish I really screw up a dish!

But the Meatloaf Parmesan was sooo good, I will make it again and try a different side, maybe Kraft Dinner? That one I can handle!

I still want to link up for Taste of Tuesday though and because I can't post a recipe without a photo, I dug into my iPhone album and found my favorite new cookie recipe.  I found this recipe on Pinterest via The Dough Will Rise Again and even though they don't look like a holiday treat, I made them and got so many compliments. Of the four treats included in my holiday platter, these cookies were hands down the favorite!


Brown Sugar Oatmeal Coconut Chewies

 

Ingredients: 
1 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
 
Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350°. Cream together butter and sugars until just combined.
2.) Add eggs and vanilla then mix until fully incorporated.
3.) Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture. Mix until well-distributed.
4.) Add about 1/2 your flour, and mix until the flour is JUST incorporated. Scrape down the sides of your bowl, and then add the second half of your flour, mixing until just incorporated.
5.) Add oats and coconut, mixing until JUST incorporated.
Optional: 1 cup chocolate chips
6.) Roll dough into balls a little over an inch in diameter and place on lined cookie sheet.
7.) Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are veeeery lightly brown, but the center is still light in color and puffy. This will result in a very moist, very chewy cookies.
8.) Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack. Once they’re fully cooled, they can be stored in a ziploc bag or airtight container for up to a week.
 
I (and everyone else who gets my holiday treats!) am so very happy that I found this recipe, and it's perfect for any day of the year!  I think I will try them with mini chocolate chips too!
 
I can't wait to read what other people made because I will keep trying new recipes!


Today I am linking up with Ashley, Jessica and Mary for Taste of Tuesday!

 
 
 Does anyone else have as much trouble in the kitchen as I do?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!